Mackenzie Eaglen has worked on defense issues in the U.S. Congress, both House and Senate, and at the Pentagon in the Office of the Secretary of Defense and on the Joint Staff. She specializes in defense strategy, budget, military readiness and the defense industrial base. In 2010, Ms. Eaglen served as a staff member of the congressionally mandated Quadrennial Defense Review Independent Panel, a bipartisan, blue-ribbon commission established to assess the Pentagon's major defense strategy. A prolific writer on defense related issues, she has also testified before Congress.
- Research Fellow for National Security Studies, The Heritage Foundation, 2006-2012
- Principal Defense Adviser to Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), 2004-2006
- Legislative Assistant, Rep. John Sweeney (R-N.Y.), 2003-2004
- Presidential Management Fellow, United States Department of Defense, 2001-2003
- M.A., School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University
- B.A., Mercer University